1. How To Use Banana For Hair?
Banana is the edible fruit produced by enlarging herbaceous flowering plants whose genus is Musa. No doubt bananas are one of the vital fruit which is best for boosting stamina. Mostly bananas are grown in the warmer areas of the world.
Bananas are nutritious and healthy as it has fibre, vitamin C, phytonutrients, vitamin B6, Potassium and different antioxidants. The colour of the banana varies from yellow to green, and even some bananas consist of red colour.
The banana tastes yummy, and it is full of nutrients which are recommended for the hair and skin. There was a time when no one uses banana for hair care, but slowly it becomes a trend and different companies start using banana, the fruit as an ingredient in their hair products, shampoo, conditioner, hair oil or hair mask. This shows the benefits of banana for hair.
Banana is the tropical fruit which is best for hair care. Banana is best for control of dandruff, moisturize the scalp, management and shine of hair. Bananas are the excellent source of vitamins, carbohydrates, potassium and natural oils which maintain the elasticity of hair and soften it.
No doubt potassium can be found in other fruits too, but banana consists of 23% of the potassium, which is a demand of our body. The best thing is banana has a low quantity of fat and calories. That’s why people are using a banana for hair, as it provides them with a sufficient amount of benefits they want.
2. Which Nutrients Can a Medium Size Banana Have?
No doubt banana is one of the nutritious fruits which have all the necessary nutrients needed by a person you must know nutrient value of banana. If you eat bananas more than required so it can be harmful too. Your weight can be an increase, and nutrient deficiency can be detected. Maximum one or two bananas are more than enough to eat a day.
Medium size banana consists of 9% RDI. Banana is rich in potassium which helps to decrease the blood pressure, and it also reduces the risk of heart diseases which is only 7%. The number of nutrients in a medium-size banana can be:
A medium-sized banana has at least 89 calories.
The fluid content of a banana is 75g.
No doubt banana is a good source of protein. A medium-sized banana contains 1.1g of protein.
The sugar content of banana is 12.2g so Diabetes 2 type patient should avoid banana.
Banana contains 22.8g of carbs. Carbs are the primary source of energy.
Banana contains 2.6g of fibre which nutritious for health, and it also helps to maintain bowel health.
A medium-sized banana usually has 0.3g of fats.
3. Benefits of Banana For Hair
No doubt, fruits are always considered to be healthy. But banana also has many benefits for hair apart from health benefits which are:
- Banana moisturizes the scalp.
- Banana helps to increase hair elasticity.
- By using a banana, your hair will shine more and easy to manage.
- Bananas help you get rid of dandruff and have dandruff free scalp.
- Bananas help to protect your hair from split ends and breakage.
- Even bananas also repair the hair damage by the sun.
- Banana makes your frizzy hair smooth.
- Banana has natural oils which are needed to make your hair shine. The natural oils of bananas also make your hair frizz less.
4. How To Make Banana Conditioner For Hair Pack
If you have dandruff and dry scalp too, this Banana paste is best to solve your problem. Bananas are best to use for moisturizing purpose while honey is a source of antioxidants which helps to make your dry skin better.
Ingredients for this DIY Paste
- Before mashing, chop the banana properly. Use a spoon or a fork until its mashed properly and takes smooth texture.
- Now add some drops of honey to the mashed banana.
- Correctly apply the paste on hair and leave for at least 10 minutes.
- Now wash your hair with water properly.
Diy Banana hair mask
Who doesn’t love to have smooth and healthy hair? This DIY mask is the thing which you are looking to. No doubt bananas have moisturizing properties but by adding olive oil and egg will make your mask outstanding and your hair will shine and smooth and manageable.
- Olive Oil
- First of all mash the bananas correctly then add some drops of olive oil and an egg in a bowl.
- Now all three of them correctly until it has a smooth texture.
- Now gently apply this mask on hair, it will be more beneficial if you use on the scalp or in ends.
- Now leave the mask on hair for good 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair properly with lukewarm water.
Banana and Yogurt Hair Mask
This mask is best to protect and repair your hair from sun damage. This creamy texture mask has so many benefits.
No doubt yoghurt is considered to be the best ingredient for a hair mask which not only maintain hair but also do the deep conditioning. Even it can increase the speed of growth of hair. Yoghurt also have antibacterial properties which benefits you if you have an itchy scalp, it helps to get rid of itchiness and give you soothe the scalp.
- Take half ripped banana
- Take 1 tablespoon plain Greek yoghurt
- Take 3 tablespoons of honey
- Take 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Take a few essential oils if needed.
- Take a small bowl; now add mash banana, yoghurt, mix honey and juice of a lemon.
- If you want so, you can add any essential oil just for a good scent.
- When the mixture becomes creamy, now gently apply to your hair and comb your hair by using a wide comb.
- Now wear a shower cap and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Then wash your hair by using lukewarm water, and you can use regular shampoo and conditioner.
Banana and Papaya Hair Mask
Papaya is best for the nourishment for of hair even it helps to add volume to hair. Nutrients of papaya make your hair healthier. Both banana and papaya altogether make a powerful hair mask.
- Take 2 bananas
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey
- Take half (1/2) papaya
- Cut the bananas and papaya into small pieces and mash them properly.
- Add honey to the mixture and blend it until you get good paste.
- Now apply the mask properly from roots to end of the hair.
- Wear a shower cap and let the mask stay for a half-hour
- After half hour you can wash your hair with cold water and then shampoo the hair as usual.
Basic Banana Hair Mask
This is the most comfortable hair mask which makes your hair shine and manageable. The best thing is you don’t have to add many ingredients.
- Take one ripped banana.
- Take a banana and mash it properly, so there is no solid particle.
- Now apply it on the hair and wear a shower cap and remove the shower cap after 20 minutes and use hair dryer which will help your mask to settle down.
- Now wash your hair correctly and then use shampoo and conditioner as usual.
Banana and Coconut Hair Mask
No doubt banana is best for the dry hair. Make sure while adding the coconut oil, make it in limited quantity or else your hair will look greasy or oily. Coconut is the best hair healing properties. Coconut gives your hair shine, and even it also increases the volume of the hair.
By applying coconut milk to your scalp, you have a cooling effect. Naturally, it gives moisture to your hair from roots to bottom. Coconut milk is best to use as a hair conditioner which provides you with long and thick hair.
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (whether you have long or short hair.)
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- Take 1 ripe banana
- Take a bowl, mash the banana and add milk and coconut oil and mix it well so the fair paste can be obtained.
- Now apply the paste to your hair correctly from roots to tips of your hair.
- Now wear a shower cap and leave the mask for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair correctly and use your regular shampoo and conditioner.
Banana and Aloe Vera Hair Mask
- Take 2-3 medium-sized bananas.
- Use 2 aloe vera leaves.
- Take out all the pulp from the leaf of aloe vera.
- Add the pulp of aloe vera and bananas to the grinder.
- Now blend it until a thick consistency of the paste is not obtained.
- Finally, your mask is prepared; now apply it with the help of a brush.
- Apply the mask properly from roots to the tips.
- Leave the hair for good 2 hours and then wash with cold water and shampoo properly.
Aloe Vera is a good source of vitamins A, B, C and E that will remove the dead cells of your scalp and improves the growth. Even aloe vera has proteolytic enzymes which work as a conditioner and repair the dead cells too. This mask is best to decrease hair fall and gives your hair bounce and shine.
As we all know, banana is the best solution for all hair problems. Banana has so many benefits for hair. Just because of the healing and moisturizing property of bananas make your hair more shiny and healthy.